Lemon Cake Recipe
the lemon cake recipe is easy to make and doesn’t take a long time.
Level of Difficulty:
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour
Grated zest and juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
5 tablespoons of powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
- Add the softened butter with the sugar and egg yolks and beat until a whitish eggnog.
- Add the zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites very firm and add to the previous mixture alternating with the flour already mixed with the baking powder.
- Place in a form greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- after that In a big bowl add the sugar and the lemon juice needed to begin to dissolve the sugar, but without becoming liquid.
finally, When the cake is cold, cover it with the icing and allow it to dry.